Breathnaigh has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://breathnaigh.org
and update your bookmarks.

1.8.09

Nerds. Nerds. Nerds.

I'm buying a varsity jacket. I'm 28 years old and I have not earned it. I played JV baseball in high school and rowed novice crew in college (and they use different jackets anyway) but I don't much care. In middle school I proudly wore a hand-me-down varsity from a neighbor in bright red, despite the fact that every school I went to before college used blue and gold. Hillside--blue and gold. St. Monica's--blue and gold. Devon Prep--blue and gold. I don't know if it's weird that I've always dug scholastic sportswear when I never took sports seriously enough to even think about considering wearing a varsity jacket in earnest.

Enough about me, here's some badass varsitys. I'm ordering mine from Centralia Knitting Mills in Washington state, an old school maker that's made knitwear and jackets for lines like Engineered Garments and Woolrich Woolen Mills, among others, so you know they're quality. I don't have the means to source nifty fabrics so I'm limited to the standard school colors--I'm thinking gray leather raglan sleeves and a wine dark wool body--no blue and gold. See you at the pep rally.

The color photos are all Centralia Knitting Mills (sometimes branded Skookum Sportswear) jackets. B/W photos are Take Ivy scans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: